Research Scholar working in the intersection of Machine learning and Crop Phenotyping. Free Software Hacktivist, Executive Committee Member at Swecha Telangana.
ML Enthusiast, Science Popularizer, Free Software Hacktivist.
Education & Research
Pursuing PhD in ML for Crop Phenotyping under the supervision of Prof. Rajalakshmi at WiNet Lab, Dept. of AI, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad.
- ( Research Project: DST-JST funded Indo-Japan Project - Data science based farming support system for sustainable crop production under climate change. )
M.E. (Masters in Engg.) in Microelectronics and Embedded Systems Dept. of Industrial Systems Engg., Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
- Published Masters Thesis as a preprint in IndiArxiv titled Material Recognition Using Deep Learning Techniques
B.Tech in Electronics & Communication at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University-College of Engineering, Hyderabad.
Free Software Movement of India
Presented on Debian Med for Public Health ( Telugu) at MiniDebConf Online India 2021.
Lead the community for incorporating Agile SDLC practices.
Enabling Free Software frameworks through community participation.
Advocating Open Access Publishing methods.
Investigating DevOps and MLOps mechanisms.
- Apr 2022: Organised FDP on Deep learning for ICFAI.
- Mar 2022: Organised WomenWhoHack Hackathon in 6 Engg. Colleges as part of GLUG activities as part of International Working Women's day celebrations.
- Mar 2022: Co-Organised SHE ( Speak Hear Empower) talks with Dept. of CSE & Women Development Cell, CBIT Hyderabad as part of International Working Women's day.
- Dec 2021: Executive Committee Member.
- May 2021: Organised People's health Hackathon ( hybrid mode) to develop free software applications for crowdsourcing resources for covid cure.
- Mar 2022: Delivered a talk on "How to contribute to Free Software Projects" as part of WomenWhoHack Hackathon at CMREC College of Engg., Hyderabad.
- Dec 2021: Presented a talk on "Data Science in the Real World" at Swecha Telangana State Conference.
- Dec 2021: Delivered a talk on "Software Freedom" at ACE College of Engg., & JNTUH CEH.
- Nov 2021: Presented a talk on "Overview of Agile SDLC mechanism & AICTE guidelines followed in Summer Internships at Swecha Telangana State Conference for Academicians & Researchers 2021.
- Aug 2021: Delivered a talk on "Functioning of GLUG" at CBIT, Hyd.
- Apr 2021: Presented a talk on Open Access Methods as part of FDP in Matrusri College of Engg. (virtual).
- May 2021: Presented a talk on Machine learning & Hands on session on Visual Programming tools such as OrangeML.
- Apr 2020 - Present) - Organised Internships by designing curriculum & syllabus, inculcating Agile SDLC practices,mentoring projects in data science domain.
- Apr 2020: Presented a talk on Knowledge Commons as part of Swecha Summer Internship 2020 (virtual).
- Nov 2021: Conducted IITH GLUG Conference.
- Nov 2021: Organised a group discussion activity on account of Aaron Swartz Day.
- Mar 2022: Delivered a talk on "How to contribute to Free Software Projects" as part of WomenWhoHack hackathon.
- Oct 2015: Co-Organised Software Freedom day in JNTUH-CEH.
- Nov 2015: Advocated Net Neutrality and been part of Say No to Free basics Campaign.
Organizations & Memberships
- Managing Member, Python Software Foundation
- Member, Creative Commons Global Network India Chapter
- Core Member, PyLadies Hyderabad Chapter.
- Mentor & Mentee of Mozilla Open Leadership program OL-6 & 7.